‘The Senate’s standalone Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan aid package without US border security just got struck down. Guess which Senate Republicans voted in favor of it? Murkowski, Lankford, Collins Romney – of course. These 4 Republicans are traitors. – Laura Loomer
Ted Cruz says it. It’s time for Mitch McConnell to be ousted.
Ted Cruz SHOCKS room full of reporters after being asked if Mitch McConnell needs to RETIRE 👀
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) February 7, 2024
‘It can’t be overstated how much damage Mitch McConnell is doing to the GOP. All he cares about at this point in his career is funneling as much taxpayer money to Ukraine as possible. So much so that he was willing to give Democrats 1.5M illegal border crossings a year in order to do it. Not only that but the bill would have given Democrats political cover in an election year to claim they did something about the border invasion even though it took no concrete steps to stop it. He then backed a tractor trailer over James Lankford when it became clear how unpopular the bill would be with Republicans. And now that the bill is dead, it gives him the ability to do Ukraine aid as a stand alone bill while claiming that his opponents were the ones who blocked a border security component. End stage McConnell is truly a cruel master,’ said Greg Price
Chaos In The Senate: Mitch McConnell Now Facing Removal After Shady Deal He Made… – Vernon Jones
A coalition of Senate Republicans expressed their dissatisfaction with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) on Tuesday, demanding his resignation amid stalled negotiations on a bipartisan border bill. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas), accompanied by six fellow Republicans, voiced frustration over the deadlock surrounding a supplemental funding bill that linked U.S. border security to financial support for Ukraine.
During a press conference, Cruz affirmed that it was time for McConnell to step down, stating, “I think it is.” He emphasized the need for a Republican leader who actively champions the party’s priorities and disclosed that the senators alongside him had supported a leadership challenge to McConnell after the 2022 midterm elections when Republicans faced setbacks.
The press conference, attended by Senators Rick Scott (R-Fla.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), JD Vance (R-Ohio), Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), and Eric Schmitt (R-Mo.), highlighted growing discontent within the Republican ranks.
Earlier on that Tuesday, McConnell declared the bipartisan border agreement, a $118 billion supplemental spending bill encompassing funding for Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan, as dead in the Senate. He asserted, “We have no real chance to make a law.” The Senate was scheduled to vote on initiating a debate on the bill the following day, but Republicans were prepared to block the deal.
Mitch McConnell was the 41st vote on the senate border bill, killing it pic.twitter.com/F3spacQYtK
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) February 7, 2024
Cruz, recounting events, disclosed that he had urged Senate Republicans to elect a new leader after the “very disappointing” 2022 midterms, where Republicans suffered losses. He emphasized the need for introspection and a change in leadership, criticizing McConnell’s failure to outline clear priorities during challenging times.
Cruz accused McConnell of presiding over a Senate border security bill that was “designed to lose.” He recounted questioning McConnell about the party’s willingness to fight for certain issues, to which McConnell reportedly refused to provide a definitive answer. McConnell responded to Cruz’s comments with a quip, acknowledging the lack of mutual admiration.
The media will never talk about McConnell in honest terms. They will praise his longevity and discuss his feud with Trump, but they won’t talk about the damage that he has done, and how he has changed the Senate for the worse. – Sarah Reese Jones
The contentious supplemental spending bill, negotiated by Senators James Lankford (R-Okla.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.), and Biden administration officials, drew criticism from over 20 Republicans. They expressed the need for more time for amendments and further analysis before supporting the bill.
The bill, allocating $60 billion to Ukraine, $14.1 billion to Israel, and $20 billion for border security measures, became a focal point of disagreement. Negotiations revolved around Republicans pushing for stricter border security concessions and Democrats advocating for more lenient provisions.
Senator Vance, echoing Cruz’s sentiments, accused McConnell of mishandling the negotiations and being out of touch with Republican voters, particularly on the issue of aid to Ukraine. The senators declared the bipartisan border bill dead before it reached the Senate floor for a procedural vote.
In the last three days MAGA has shut down the border security bill and delivered Nikki Haley the most embarrassing loss in Nevada possible. She lost to “no one” because America is done with the communists and the Mitch McConnell, Bush in hells wing of the Republican party. We are the majority and we are done with the globalist scum who have infiltrated our government. – Insurrection Barbie
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) February 6, 2024
‘People now understand why the Dem dream border bill was hidden from everyone for so long. Mitch McConnell’s (D-Kiev) bill basically tells Americans this… Give us BILLIONS more for Ukraine and we may actually enforce some US immigrations laws!!! MAYBE Enough of this BS, ‘ said Donald Trump Jr.
Vance criticized the bill for lacking sufficient measures to secure the border and for granting expanded powers to President Biden. He rejected the notion that Republicans had committed to supporting whatever deal emerged from negotiations, emphasizing their pursuit of common-sense border security rather than a symbolic gesture.
The senators emphasized concerns about the bill’s perceived inadequacy in addressing the ongoing influx of illegal immigrants, calling for a more robust approach to border security. As the Senate prepared for a procedural vote, the likelihood of passing the supplemental spending bill appeared uncertain, according to Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.).
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- Senate Republicans, led by Senator Ted Cruz, demanded Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s resignation amid frustrations over stalled negotiations on a bipartisan border bill.
- Cruz revealed that the senators supporting McConnell’s resignation had also backed a leadership challenge after the 2022 midterms, highlighting a history of dissatisfaction with McConnell’s leadership.
- McConnell announced the demise of a $118 billion supplemental spending bill tied to U.S. border security and funding for Ukraine, attributing the deadlock to irreconcilable differences.
- Republicans, including Cruz and Senator JD Vance, criticized McConnell for mishandling negotiations and being out of touch with party priorities, particularly regarding aid to Ukraine.
- Over 20 Republicans rejected the negotiated bipartisan border bill, citing the need for additional time for amendments and expressing concerns about insufficient measures to secure the border and expanded presidential powers.
Comments – Threads – Links
- TIME TO GO’: Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, speaking alongside Sens. Rick Scott, Ron Johnson, Mike Lee, and J.D. Vance, stated it is time for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to go – Newsmax
- Mitch needs to step down. – Lhop
- McConnell should step down because he is an old man that isn’t fit to serve anymore. But yes the border bill is also terrible. Follow if you agree. – RedWave Press
- And millions of Americans are right there with Cruz. – Smurf
- More than Senator Cruz the registered Republican voters want Mitch out. – Patricia
- He absolutely NEEDS to step down. His poor judgement is causing more issues than resolved one. – Reckless
- Mitch McConnell Exit Is Long Overdue. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz calls for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to step down. – Blue Owl
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
News Junkies Delight…. One visit and you are hooked…. Come over to Whatfinger’s main page. All news and more news than any other site on the net.