Another state tries to stop Trump from being elected…while Massachusetts gives Trump a win
‘The political lawfare against President Trump has to do with one thing only: Democrats are terrified that they cannot beat him at the ballot box. Voters are waking up to the two-tiered justice system and will stand with Trump on November 5, 2024, said Kimberly Guilfoyle.
President Trump’s response to the Massachusetts decision:
- The Trump campaign described the Massachusetts decision to keep Donald Trump on the 2024 Republican primary ballot as a “crushing defeat” for the left.
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Justice Frank Gaziano, appointed by a Republican, upheld the State Ballot Law Commission’s decision, which had dismissed a challenge to Trump’s eligibility.
- Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung criticized Soros-funded, left-wing activist groups for their efforts to “steal the election” in favor of Joe Biden by challenging Trump’s eligibility.
- Cheung asserted that “unconstitutional ’14th Amendment’ cases” against Trump are being defeated nationwide and expressed confidence in a favorable Supreme Court ruling.
- The U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear oral arguments on a related case from Colorado concerning Trump’s eligibility based on the 14th Amendment’s insurrection clause, which has never been ruled on by the high court.
In the ongoing legal saga over the eligibility of former President Donald Trump to appear on 2024 ballots, a retired state judge and Republican, Clark Erikson, emphasized on Sunday that the matter should be left to the courts, rather than being decided by an election board. The petition, filed with the Illinois Board of Elections, contends that Trump’s alleged involvement in the events of the January 6 breach violates Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, which bars individuals who have “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” from seeking public office.
During a petition hearing on Friday, Erikson presided and later recommended in a written statement that the election board should dismiss the petition. He argued that Illinois law prohibits the election board from delving into constitutional analysis, stating that the issue requires “significant and sophisticated constitutional analysis,” making it more suitable for the courts. Erikson added that attempting to resolve such a constitutional matter within the timeframe of an election board hearing is impractical.
As the Illinois State Board of Elections is set to vote on the petition on Tuesday, Erikson’s recommendation is for the board to dismiss it, allowing Trump’s name to be included on the ballot. However, he acknowledged that if the board chooses not to follow his advice, there is enough evidence to suggest that Trump engaged in insurrection, potentially leading to his disqualification from the March 2024 primary ballot in Illinois.
WATCH LIVE: Illinois election board considers removing Trump from ballot under insurrection clause see vid below
WATCH LIVE: Illinois election board considers removing Trump from ballot under insurrection clause
— PBS NewsHour (@NewsHour) January 30, 2024
Former President Donald Trump should be removed from Illinois’ primary ballot, but the decision should be left to the courts, a retired judge recommended Sunday to the state’s election board, arguing that it was clear Trump engaged in insurrection. https://t.co/898DxFYKCS
— PBS NewsHour (@NewsHour) January 29, 2024
What the Democrats never thought to consider was how this would all work against them. Lidia Curanaj: “Here is the glitch the Biden puppeteers never saw coming. Their elaborate scheme to stop Trump from running is now backfiring. They can’t get him off the ballot. Every time Trump is indicted, his polling numbers just keep going up.” – see vid below from Newsmax
Lidia Curanaj: “Here is the glitch the Biden puppeteers never saw coming. Their elaborate scheme to stop Trump from running is now backfiring. They can’t get him off the ballot. Every time Trump is indicted, his polling numbers just keep going up.”@LidiaNews pic.twitter.com/P3wEh2Fw5R
— NEWSMAX (@NEWSMAX) January 28, 2024
Ron Fein, legal director of Free Speech For People, a co-lead counsel in the petition, expressed confidence that the election board and eventually the courts will uphold Erikson’s analysis of Trump’s disqualification. The decision of the eight-member bipartisan panel can be appealed in state courts in Illinois.
Similar legal challenges have been mounted in other states, including Michigan and Minnesota, where lawsuits were dismissed on procedural grounds. In Colorado, however, the Supreme Court barred Trump from appearing on state ballots, citing a violation of Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. Trump has appealed this decision to the U.S. Supreme Court, arguing that the Colorado ruling is based on a dubious interpretation of the constitutional provision.
Former Republican President Donald Trump participated in the fatal Jan. 6th insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, but it’s the courts that should decide whether to remove him from Illinois’ primary ballot, a state hearing officer recommended Sunday. https://t.co/IgrYMSECSG
— Chicago Sun-Times (@Suntimes) January 28, 2024
Trump’s legal team contends that he is not subject to Section 3, as the President is not considered an “officer of the United States” under the Constitution. Furthermore, they argue that even if he were subject to Section 3, Trump did not engage in activities that qualify as insurrection.
The U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear oral arguments in the case on February 8 and intends to announce written opinions on the matter the same day. With efforts in over 30 states to remove Trump from primary and general-election ballots based on similar rationales, the Supreme Court’s decision is anticipated to have significant implications. We all know what a witch hunt the Deep State has been engaged in against Trump, so the sooner the Supreme Court puts an end to this line of attack, the better off our nation is. Republican states should move on banning Biden from their ballots immediately though, on the slim chance that a tainted court does what the Deep State wants. This would also send a signal to the Democrats to stop these ridiculous lawfare games.
BREAKING: Republican judge in IL finds that Trump engaged in insurrection + is disqualified under 14.3. He ultimately finds a higher court, not the electoral board, must decide this. First Republican judge in the nation to issue such findings! @FSFP 1/https://t.co/RTjtbgCjya
— John Bonifaz (@JohnBonifaz) January 28, 2024
Notably, Trump has also faced disqualification from appearing on ballots in Maine, following a ruling by Secretary of State Shenna Bellows. However, a Maine Superior Court has stayed the disqualification pending a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court, adding another layer of complexity to the ongoing legal battles surrounding the former President’s eligibility for the 2024 elections. The Left will never stop, and since their intent is to comply with the great Reset, joining in with the Deep State controlled nations of Europe, the lawfare will only increase as they know with nearly 95% control over the media, they can lie about it all nearly at will.
It is up to Conservative media and free new sites like Whatfinger News, Gateway Pundit and Trending Politics News to keep America informed. As the Democrats move to take out all competing views on their march to dictatorship, like we see now in Canada, do not think it can’t happen here. Canadians didn’t think it could happen, and they are now under the firm grip of the WEF and Globalists who are doing all they can to destroy their nation and import millions of illegals. Sound familiar? The same is happening in Europe, and the same crew is behind it all. They are Marxists, and attempting global dictatorship. The Great Reset.
A quick Clip from last week with General Mike Flynn, who Trump has said will be a part of his Admin. General Flynn warns the Deep State about who they’re dealing with in Donald Trump: “He is one of the toughest men in the world. And if you wanna deal with somebody like a Donald Trump, be prepared, because he is not going to relent. He is not going to give in.”
General Flynn warns the Deep State about who they’re dealing with in Donald Trump:
“He is one of the toughest men in the world. And if you wanna deal with somebody like a Donald Trump, be prepared, because he is not going to relent. He is not going to give in.” 🔥@hannahf1776… pic.twitter.com/lBvi9Xbzxh
— Patri0tsareinContr0l (@Patri0tContr0l) January 30, 2024
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- Their elaborate scheme to stop Trump from running is now backfiring. They can’t get him off the ballot. Every time Trump is indicted, his polling numbers just keep going up.
- Former President Trump faces legal challenges regarding his eligibility for the 2024 elections, with a petition filed in Illinois arguing that his alleged involvement in the January 6 events violates Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.
- Retired state judge Clark Erikson, overseeing the petition, recommended that the Illinois State Board of Elections dismiss the case, asserting that constitutional analysis is beyond the board’s scope and should be handled by the courts.
- Erikson emphasized the impracticality of resolving complex constitutional matters within the timeline of an election board hearing, likening it to a “two-minute round between heavyweight boxers in a telephone booth.”
- Legal challenges similar to Illinois have arisen in other states, with varying outcomes. Notably, the Colorado Supreme Court barred Trump from state ballots, leading to an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, set to hear oral arguments on February 8.
- With over 30 states facing efforts to remove Trump from ballots based on similar grounds, the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision is anticipated to have widespread implications for the 2024 elections. Additionally, Trump has also been disqualified from appearing on Maine ballots, pending a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
Comments – Threads – Links
- Trump campaign says left suffers ‘crushing defeat’ with Massachusetts decision to keep him on ballot – Just The News
- TRUMP WILL WIN NEW JERSEY! Our America First NJ volunteer and ballot access event for President Trump in Bergen County had more attendees than *Nikki Haley’s biggest campaign event she’s ever had all election long.* The energy is undeniable. Onward! Mike Crispi
- Massachusetts Judge keeps former President Donald Trump on the ballot for 2024 election – Boston 25 News
- The leftists who claim to be “defenders of democracy” are trying to remove President Trump from the ballot in Illinois. WE STAND WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP on behalf of the millions of Illinois veterans, farmers, seniors, taxpayers & patriots who voted Trump in 2016 and 2020! Leftists must not be allowed to silence them! – Mary Miller
- More of this just makes me want to actually vote for him – Keith Wilkins
- Nothing screams “democracy” like preventing voters from choosing the candidate they want. – Adam B
- We need to remove democrats from Illinois. – Ralphie Cash
- Biden should be removed. The notary who notarized his paperwork is not from Illinois! – Tom
- Illinois for trump. Got my vote. – Mr. Lopez
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
News Junkies Delight…. One visit and you are hooked…. Come over to Whatfinger’s main page. All news and more news than any other site on the net.