- On Monday, President Trump cautioned Iran that the country would “suffer greatly” if the country tries to attack the U.S. in any form.
- When asked if the U.S. was planning on going to war with Iran, Trump responded: “We will see what happens with Iran. If they do anything, it’ll be a big mistake.”
- Trump also said, “If they do anything, they will suffer greatly.”
- On Friday, Iran said that it could destroy a U.S. naval flee easily.
- Ayatollah Tabatabai-Nejad said, “Their billion [dollar] fleet can be destroyed with one missile.”
- The U.S. deployed a Navy fleet to the Middle East last week “to counter reported threats from Iran.”
- Last week, National Security Adviser John Bolton said: “Any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force. The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces.”