- On Saturday at “An Evening with the Clintons” event, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the 2016 presidential election was “stolen” from her.
- Clinton said, “You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you.”
- She said that she warned 2020 Democratic hopefuls that the same could happen to them.
- Clinton also said she has been reading the Mueller report on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and said the same techniques could be used in 2020.
- She said to American voters “make sure that the election is not interfered with in that ‘sweeping and systemic’ way that Mueller found it was in the prior election.”
- Clinton also warned candidates that President Trump’s ability to garner media attention could pose a “real threat” to the Democratic Party.