- Fox contributor and former lawmaker Jason Chaffetz doesn’t believe Democrats have a strong case of impeachment against President Trump and instead are “in search of facts” to back up their conclusion of impeachment.
- Chaffetz said: “Democrats are a party where they’ve reached conclusions and now they’re in search of facts, and they’re picking some very stupid fights.”
- House Democrats are holding a closed meeting on Wednesday to discuss among other things, proceeding with impeachment charges against Trump.
- This week, Rep. Steve Cohen said that about 80% to 90% of House Democrats support proceeding with impeachment.
- Chaffetz added: “It distracts from the presidential race, it distracts from their agenda. I don’t think, with a thriving economy, the Democrats have anything to offer the American people except for the perception of chaos.”